Sunday, January 24, 2016

Chapter Thirteen: The Secrets

          Sam practiced many days and hours without stoping. She developed her qualities and she was getting really good at controlling them. Each day she got better and learned many new things. Mr. Anderson was a great teacher and she loved working with him. She felt as if she knew him but she could not figure out how yet.
"Sam I am very proud of you." Mr. Anderson smiled." You learn very fast, I'm not surprised. I think you and the others are ready."
"Wow Mr. Anderson I don't know what to say but I feel ready."
"Please call me Adam. But before I can send you on this mission I must tell you something very important. I am supposed to keep this from you but I just can't help it anymore. You might want to sit down for this." Sam looks at him surprised. She tries ignoring the fact that her heart is beating really fast and sits down. Mr. Anderson sits next to her.
"Please don't hate me for this. Sam I am your father..." For a second Sam just sits there staring not comprehending what Mr. Anderson said to her. She has many feelings and thoughts going through her mind but the thing she feels the most is hate.
"Oh god Sam please say something."
"How could you keep this from me? You did not care about us you left us."
"I had no choice Sam I was working on finding the RLE and when you were born I knew you were one of the chosen ones. When I told your mother she didn't want to hear it. She thought I was crazy, that I was making it all up. I let my obsession on finding them affect your mother and I could see how much I was hurting her so I decided to leave."
"You just decided it would be better if I lived a lie. A life where my own mother said my father was a mistake and that he walked out on us because he was a coward. Do you have any idea how hard life has been for mom? No of course you don't. You didn't care about your own family and you chose your work over us."
"Sam I'm sorry and I know what I did was wrong. But you have to understand I didn't want to hurt you."
"Well guess what you did." Sam stormed out before he could say anything else. She felt like her whole world was falling apart. It slowly but surely was falling apart.


No comments:

Post a Comment